Departures are available daily from May to October and on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays from November to April.
Experience the thrill of being up close and personal with apex predators on our half-day Spectacular Jumping Crocodile Cruise. This is a popular visitor list item and a must-see attraction in the Northern Territory. Enjoy convenient daily transfers to and from Darwin, including admission to the cruise.
- Transfers from Darwin City to the Spectacular Jumping Crocodile Cruise are available without any hassle.
- Travel on board an Aboriginal-owned boat cruise operator, where profits are reinvested into supporting the region’s traditional custodians.
- The Adelaide River is a diverse floodplain region with unique wetlands and waterways. It has been identified as an essential area for rare birds.
- Immerse yourself in the enchanting world of the Top End, where a kaleidoscope of over 280 dazzling bird species and 117 captivating reptiles await your discovery!
- Experience informative live commentary from our wildlife expert and tour guide, and gain a deeper understanding of these incredible creatures as you learn about crocodile biology, behaviors, and ecosystem.
- Shhh… Every tour includes a surprise!!
The Half Day Darwin Croc tour Package costs $135 for adults (13+ years old) and $100 for children (0 to 12 years old). Child fare prices are applicable for children aged 0 to 12 years. Little ones aged 0 to 4 need their special seats for safe travels. Don’t worry about your child’s safety! We have complimentary infant protective seats.
The weather in the Top End is like a wild rollercoaster ride, with rapid changes and intense moments that will leave you breathless. In the dry season, temperatures can go over 40 degrees Celsius and drop in the evening. Check your travel dates and pack accordingly to stay comfortable throughout your adventure. Rain or shine, your tour will only be canceled if the provider decides otherwise!
On the first day, we will be going on the Darwin Croc Tour at the Adelaide River
Join us for a half-day Jumping Croc Cruise on the Adelaide River in Darwin, where you can observe some of the world’s dangerous and aggressive predators in their natural habitat. From Darwin city, we travel about 60km southeast to the Marrakai wetlands, home to a diverse range of native birds, reptiles, and saltwater crocodiles. Prepare to witness the majestic and fearsome inhabitants of the Top End of Australia – a thriving community of saltwater crocodiles reigning supreme in the untamed territories of Darwin, Mary River, and the Adelaide River region. Visitors can expect to see numerous crocodiles throughout the day in the naturally occurring waterways of the Northern Territory. The saltwater crocodile is the largest reptile in the world. It is also one of the oldest living creatures, dating back to the dinosaur age. These creatures can reach lengths of up to 6 meters and weigh as much as 1000kg. A well-known crocodile named ‘Sweetheart’ caused trouble by destroying fisherman’s boat motors and stealing cows from farmers. Sweetheart was captured near the Adelaide River and unfortunately passed away in 1979. However, Sweetheart has been preserved in the Darwin Museum. Our dedicated team holds Wildlife Permits issued by National Parks and Wildlife, ensuring our interactions with wildlife are always compassionate and harm-free.
Driving Distance:120 km
Comprehensive Pickup List
- 7:25 – Mindil Beach Casino Resort – Casino Dr The Gardens Darwin
- 7:25 – Cullen Bay Resort – 32 Marina in
- 7:30 – H on Smith Hotel – 81 Smcostsh St Darwin
- 7:30 – Travelodge Resort Darwin – 64 Cavenagh St Darwin City
- 7:34 – Hilton Darwin – 32 Mitchell St Darwin City
- 7:37 – H on Mitchell Hotel Apartment – 105 Mitchell St Darwin City
- 7:38 – DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Esplanade – 116 Esplanade Darwin City
- 7:40 – Mantra on the Esplanade Darwin – 88 Esplanade Darwin City
- 7:45 – Ramada Suites Zen Quarter – 6 Carey Street, Darwin City
- 7:45 – Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront – 7 Kitchener Dr. Darwin City
- 7:55 – Discovery Parks – 11 Farrell Crescent, Winnellie (meeting point Bus Stop ID: 192 Stuart Hwy)
- 8:00 – Darwin FreeSpirit Resort – 901 Stuart Hwy Deviney Rd Holtze
- 8:45 – Croc Cruise 2915 Arnhem Highway – Window of Wetlands Wak Wak
What to Bring
Exclusions Darwin Croc Tours
- Any meals not previously indicated in the itinerary
- Travel insurance is highly recommended
- Pre/post-tour hotel transfers
- Additional personal expenses
- Discover a treasure trove of crocodile souvenirs and authentic Aboriginal arts & crafts at the Jumping Crocodile Cruise gift shop.
The Adelaide River is a haven for nature enthusiasts, boasting incredible creatures such as majestic white-bellied sea eagles, slithering whistling snakes, formidable bull sharks, elusive freshwater crocodiles, and enchanting black flying foxes.
Prepare yourself for an incredible adventure in Australia’s Top End region, where the untamed landscapes of Darwin, Mary River, and the Adelaide River are teeming with over 100,000 majestic saltwater crocodiles! As a result, you can expect to encounter numerous crocodiles throughout the day in the natural waterways of the Northern Territory.
Crocosaurus Cove, located in the center of Darwin, is a wildlife park where visitors of all ages can interact with crocodiles. Guests can witness the feeding of giant crocodiles and even have the opportunity to feed baby crocodiles themselves using a fishing rod.
Experience the mesmerizing wonder of the Giant Jumping Crocodile at The Original Adelaide River Queen Jumping Crocodile Cruises. Embark on an unforgettable journey along the scenic Adelaide River on the Arnhem Highway. Marvel at the impressive crocodile sculpture, created in 1984 that captures the essence of the region’s diverse marine reptiles.
Embark on an exhilarating adventure and witness the majesty of crocodiles up close during an enchanting evening boat trip on the lower Catherine River. During the excursion, the guide will ignite a fire on the river bank to entice the submerged reptiles, providing excellent opportunities for capturing stunning photographs.