When you decide to venture outside of Darwin for the day there are a few places within a short distance that are absolutely amazing and must see places while you are in the area. We offer a wide variety of tours that will take you to Litchfield & Kakadu National Park with an expert guide who really knows everything about the region.
Litchfield National Park: Three Must See SpotsLitchfield National Park is located roughly 100 kilometres south of Darwin tour. The distance is perfect because you won’t be spending all day riding in a bus. While you are driving to Litchfield National Park you can relax and listen to your expert guide who will inform you of the beautiful spots this park boasts. Within the 1,500 square kilometres that make up Litchfield National Park there are many places that will leave you with an unforgettable experience!
1) Buley RockholesThe first must see spot is the Buley Rockholes which you’ll see on our Litchfield National Park Tour. This gorgeous site is surrounded by native foliage and is a series of waterfalls and rock ponds which have crystal clear water traveling through them. Once here you can indulge in swimming in numerous rock ponds or sit back and enjoy a BBQ lunch while you take in the splendid Northern Territory scenery.
2) Magnetic Termite MoundsAlso on our Litchfield National Park Tour are the Magnetic Termite Mounds. You won’t believe your eyes when you view these 2-meter high termite mounds which have been built in a north-south alignment. For centuries millions of termites have worked away building these unique structures that are aligned in such a way to help reduce the exposure to sunlight which in turn allows for the inside of the mounds to maintain a cooler temperature. Cathedral Termite Mounds can reach 4-meters in height and are an absolute testament to the termites building skills.
3) Tolmer FallsThe third must see spot within Litchfield National Park are the Tolmer Falls. The Tolmer Falls is a dramatic plunge waterfall that has an overall drop of over 100-meters. The waterfall plunges in two different spots with the height of each drop somewhere between 32-42 meters. You will be thrilled viewing from a distance or swimming in the clear water of the plunge pool and don’t be surprised if you catch a glimpse of two rare bat species-orange horseshoe and ghost.
Kakadu National Park: Three Must See SpotsKakadu National Park is one of only 37 UNESCO World Heritage Sites around the world to receive a dual listing as for the cultural landscape and natural values. Located 170 kilometres southeast of Darwin, Kakadu National Park offers a tremendous amount of interesting sites within its 19,804 square kilometres. Let’s start with the Aboriginal rock art which is found in the park.
1) NourlangieNourlangie is an awesome spot to visit. This 1.5 kilometer loop trail reveals the special friendship that the Bininj/Mungguy people have with this area. Walking on around this orange sandstone out cropping you can view 20,000 year rock art in forms that range from stories about the Creation Ancestors, native animals in the region, paintings detailing the early days of contact with outsiders and their traditional style x-ray art. You’ll visit Nourlangie on our 4 Day Kakadu, Arnhem Land and Litchfield tour.
2) Jim Jim FallsThe second must see spot in Kakadu National Park is Jim Jim Falls. This spectacular waterfall drops 200-meters into a luscious plunge pool and the amount of cascading water is incredible to watch. The roar of the water can be heard for miles and you will be amazed with taking a quick dip in the refreshing clear waters of the plunge pool. Our Gecko Dreaming Tour will take you to Jim Jim Falls.
3) Gunlom FallsThe third must see spot in the park is Gunlom Falls also known as Waterfall Creek Falls. This waterfall is most famous for being a filming spot the movie Crocodile Dundee. The 85-meter drop of cascading water into a tranquil plunge pool is impressive. Maybe more impressive is the sandy beach area can lounge upon while soaking in the surrounding natural environment. You’ll experience Gunlom Falls on a variety of our tours, including the 5 Day Kakadu, Arnhem Land, Litchfield and Katherine Tour. We know there are many places within both parks that will thrill you and leave lasting memories. Let us help you experience an once-in-a-lifetime tour in the Northern Territory!
Written by : Wayoutback on 08 August 2023 February
1 Day Alice Springs Trip | West MacDonnell Ranges Tour
Discover the breathtaking West MacDonnell Ranges on our Alice Springs tours. Experience the majestic gorges, vibrant waterholes, and rich Aboriginal heritage. Don't miss out on this unforgettable journey!
7:00 - 17:30 DURATION: 10 HOURS
1 DAYS PRICE $125-175 AUD PRICE $120-150 AUD DEPARTS 7:00 amfrom Alice Springs RETURNS 5:30 pm to Alice Springs Departures are available on Tuesdays and
4 Day Alice Springs to Uluru Tours – Kings Canyon, Kata Tjuta, West MacDonnell Ranges
Join us on a 4-day journey from Alice Springs to Uluru and let us show you the wonders of the Red Centre. Marvel at the majestic Uluru, explore the Kata Tjuta rock formations, and soak in the beauty of the desert.
4 DAY/3 NIGHT
7:00 - 17:30 STYLE: CAMPING
4 DAYS PRICE $1150-1295 AUD DEPARTS 6:00 AM 6:00 am RETURNS 6:30 pm The departure days for this trip are Monday and Saturday throughout the
3 Day Uluru Tour, Kings Canyon, Kata Tjuta Tour
Discover the magic of Uluru, Kings Canyon, and Kata Tjuta on this immersive 3-day tour. Experience the awe-inspiring sights, learn about the indigenous heritage, and create memories that will last a lifetime. Don't miss out on this incredible adventure!
3 DAY /2 NIGHT
7:00 - 17:30 STYLE: CAMPING
3 DAYS PRICE $950-1095 AUD DEPARTS 6:00 AM 6:00 am RETURNS 6:30 pm The departure days for this tour are Monday and Saturday all year
8 Day Uluru to Adelaide Tour
Experience an eight-day overland tour from Uluru to Adelaide and explore Australia's untamed outback.
8 DAY/7 NIGHT
07:35 - 20:30
1596 - 1995 AUD
8 DAYS FROM $1596 – 1995 AUD DEPARTS 07:35 RETURNS 20:30 Book Now This tour lasts eight days. It begins at Uluru in South Australia’s outback.
Larapinta Trail Tour
Discover the magic of the Larapinta Trail with our expert-guided tour. Hike across rugged terrain, witness stunning sunsets, and create memories that will last a lifetime. Book your adventure today!
5 DAY / 4 NIGHT
6:00 - 17:00 STYLE: CAMPING
TWIN SHARE BUSH TENT Adult/ Child (8+) : $2980 AUD pp PRIVATE SINGLE BUSH TENT Adults (18+) : $3180 AUD Book Now Tour Style This