This tour lasts eight days. It begins at Uluru in South Australia’s outback. It ends in Adelaide and takes you through the Red Centre, Australia’s spiritual heart. Along the way, you’ll have the opportunity for Indigenous experiences and witness stunning desert landscapes and rock formations. The tour also includes unique experiences such as sleeping in an underground dugout, searching for opals, and traversing vast cattle stations. Embark on an epic journey through the untamed wilderness as you travel the legendary outback tracks and delve into the mystical wonders of the ancient Flinders Ranges. During the day, you’ll have unforgettable adventures; at night, you’ll get magical sunsets, campfires, and stargazing.
- Uluru is acknowledged as a notable natural wonder and is suggested for visitors seeking an unforgettable experience.
- Discover and understand authentic First Nations culture through educational experiences.
- Visitthedistinctlandscapes of Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon.
- Experience the stunning sunsets and sunrises of the Red Centre.
- The Oodnadatta Track is an unsealed road in South Australia that travellers frequently visit.
- Coober Pedy provides visitors with the chance to stay in underground dugouts.
- The Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park allows visitors to discover its rich history and stunning natural surroundings.
- Hiking in natural surroundings offers numerous benefits.
- Volunteering opportunities are available for conservation efforts in the Flinders Ranges.
The tour with hostel dorm accommodation costs $1596 – 1995 AUD per person.
Age Restrictions: 18+.
If desired, assistance can be provided in arranging a private group tour. This option allows for the flexibility of exploring preferred sights at one’s own pace with their group. Contact our fantastic team of charters at firstname.lastname@example.org for all the juicy details!
Private room upgrades? Enhance your stay with the ultimate luxury of a private double, twin, or single ensuite room, exclusively available through our esteemed business partner.
Availability is subject to booking at the time.
Embark on a thrilling journey along the ever-transforming Oodnadatta Track, an untamed dirt road that dances with the whims of the weather. If the road is deemed unsafe or sections are closed, our Guide may adjust the itinerary and take an alternative route. Suppose it is determined that travelling on the track is dangerous. In that case, the itinerary for day three will be modified to include visits to Port Augusta, Coober Pedy via Stuart Highway, Josephine’s Kangaroo Orphanage & Gallery, Coober Pedy township, Umoona Opal Mine & Museum, and an overnight stay in Coober Pedy.
On Day 1, stop in Yulara and observe the sunset at Uluru
Your adventure begins at 2 pm. You will meet your Storyteller Guide in front of the Desert Gardens Hotel. You will visit the Cultural Centre in Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. Here, you will appreciate the natural beauty and rich culture. Experience the awe-inspiring sacred sites of Uluru and Kata Tjuta, where ancient creation stories come alive with profound spiritual significance. Some stories are kept secret, but you will learn a little about the local Anangu culture. You will also appreciate the beauty of their land through exhibits and free presentations with Anangu and park rangers.
Tonight, visitors can set up camp and watch the sunset at a viewing platform in Uluru. This presents a chance for personal reflection while observing the vast desert. Additionally, there is the option to enjoy a communal campfire meal with fellow travellers and sleep outdoors beneath the stars in an Australian swag.
The estimated travel distance for today is approximately 60 kilometres.
Attention all passengers! If you want to arrange a bus transfer from Alice Springs to Yulara, we’ve curated some essential Know Before You Go details just for you! Don’t miss out; check it out below!
One accommodation option at Ayers Rock Resort is camping at the Campground.
Meals Included: Dinner
Know before you book
- Passenger participation is required for this camping tour, which may include tasks such as meal preparation and campsite packing.
- The tour provides camping options in different national parks and campgrounds with essential toilet and shower facilities.
- Single swags are often used for sleeping while camping. They are also known as “Aussie Bed Rolls” and are made of sturdy canvas material with a built-in mattress. Passengers are responsible for bringing their sleeping bags and pillows for the swag.
- During the booking process, customers can pay an additional fee of $300 for a deluxe double swag that can accommodate up to two people. This swag includes a high-density foam mattress and mesh windows. Availability is limited due to its size and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If there is bad weather, two people can use a dome tent for three people.
- The tour starts at 2 pm in Yulara (Ayers Rock Resort). AAT Kings offers transfers from Alice Springs to Yulara, arriving by 1 pm. Another option is to take a morning flight to Uluru Airport and catch a free transfer bus to the Resort. Your Guide will meet you there at 2 pm.
- The tour concludes in Adelaide on the eighth day, typically around 6:00 pm.
- To fully enjoy this experience, it is advisable to appreciate outdoor activities, including hiking, and be prepared for diverse weather conditions.
- Effectively manage and cope with challenging weather conditions.
- Get ready to lace up your shoes and tackle walks ranging from 3 to 12 kilometres! We’re looking for participants with a moderate fitness level who are up for the challenge. These walks may involve uneven terrain and the potential for encountering moisture.
- On certain days, the distance travelled may be significant and involve walking on uneven terrain or crossing bodies of water.
- When making your reservation, please inform us of any dietary restrictions you may have. While we provide a range of fresh products, snacks, soft drinks, and alcohol are not included in the package.
- Our company offers fresh products; however, snacks, soft drinks, and alcohol are not included in the package.
- Travellers are granted the magical privilege of bringing a single backpack or a soft travel bag weighing no more than 15 kg, along with a charming little piece of hand luggage.
- Passengers must complete online check-in and a ‘Fit for Travel’ self-declaration indicating their health status no later than 24 hours before departure to adhere to COVID-Safe guidelines.
- Travellers must complete a self-declaration called ‘Fit for Travel’ to confirm that they are not ill as a measure to ensure health safety.
- The tour requires a minimum of six people to operate. If there are not enough participants, the time may be cancelled, and payments will either be transferred to a future date or wholly refunded if necessary.
- The event has been cancelled due to not meeting the minimum attendance requirements. All received funds will be transferred.
- If the scheduled departure dates are not suitable, a full refund of the tour price will be given.