There are blackout dates on December 25th-26th and January 25th, as well as all Victorian public holidays.
Experience the nostalgia and beauty of a steam train ride through the stunning Yarra Valley wine region in just one day. Join us for a memorable journey on the iconic Puffing Billy Steam Train, followed by a delightful wine tasting tour. Don’t miss this unique combination of history and indulgence!
- Journey into the past on the refurbished Puffing Billy Steam Train and explore Australia’s most distinguished narrow gauge railway.
- Savour wine samples and a cheese board at a Yarra Valley vineyard and understand cool-climate wine varieties.
- Explore the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery, boasting over 250 chocolate items.
- You’ll get to traverse the Dandenong Ranges’ splendid towering forests.
- Discover picturesque Emerald Park Lakeside, featuring its brand-new Railway heritage-inspired Visitor Centre.
● 000 – Pegasus Apartments Hotel – 206 A’Beckett St, Melbourne
● 000 – Melbourne Marriott Hotel – cnr Exhibition St & Lonsdale St, Melbourne
● 000 – Space Hotel, 380 Russell St, Melbourne
● 000 – Grand Hyatt Melbourne – Russell St entrance Melbourne
● 000 – Adina Apartment Hotel – 189 Queen St, Melbourne
● 000 – The Savoy Hotel – 630 Little Collins St, Melbourne
● 000 – Immigration Museum, 400 Flinders St cnr Market St, Melbourne
● 000 – Crown Towers – 8 Whiteman St Queens Bridge St, Southbank
Customlinc web mapping pickup location codes
● Identification with a photo is necessary
● 1L reusable water container
● Cap, shades & sunblock
● Clothing suitable for all conditions
● Easy-wearing footwear
● Lightweight backpack, 5-7kg
● Cash for refreshments and food
● Camera to seize all memories!
● Meals or tastings not specified in the itinerary are at the visitor’s cost. We offer numerous chances for guests to patronize local vendors and purchase meals during the trip.
● Transfers to/from hotels before or after the tour schedule to a designated pickup location.
● It’s advised to have personal travel insurance
● Individual expenditures.
● One-hour train journey on Puffing Billy from Belgrave to Lakeside (single direction)
● Exclusive wine sampling in the Yarra Valley accompanied by light bites
● Led by a seasoned driver-guide
● Travel in a climate-controlled, cozy couch
● Detailed regional tour narration
● Chosen pickup/drop-off locations in central Melbourne.
Kindly confirm you’ve reviewed the typical travel period temperatures and packed suitable attire. Should there be rain or adverse weather, your activity will proceed as planned unless notified by the organizer.
– It’s essential to provide the passenger’s phone number at the time of reservation.
– The minimum age to consume alcohol is 18 years, and a photo ID is necessary.
– The experience isn’t tailored for children aged 17 and below, given it lacks child-centric activities.
– The landscape isn’t adapted for those with mobility challenges, including those using wheelchairs, walking aids, prams, or strollers. Our transport offers limited luggage space; restrict bags to 1 x 5-7kg day pack per individual.
– Autopia Tours can modify the journey or daily itinerary due to seasonal weather changes or if parks are closed.
– Kindly verify your tour specifics within a week before setting off by calling 03 9393 1333.
The customer shall comply with all Government (Federal, State and Territory) COVID entry restrictions and
vaccination guidelines or testing requirements for entry into Australia and during travel for tour
and transport services. Our business is a fully vaccinated workplace.
Guests are responsible for all COVID-related relocation expenses should they need to leave the trip
midway, and refunds will not be provided. All payments will need to be claimed through travel insurance.
And transport services. Our business is a fully vaccinated workplace.
Travel roughly one hour from Melbourne amidst the Dandenong Ranges’ hills, filled with towering Mountain Ash and Fern trees. As you journey, admire the breathtaking views of Melbourne’s skyline on the way to Puffing Billy Station. Travel back in time and embark on a memorable hour-long adventure on Australia’s most distinguished narrow gauge railway inside the rejuvenated Puffing Billy Steam Train. As you zigzag through the tree-laden hills on Puffing Billy’s signature open carriages between Belgrave and Lakeside, watch for native wildlife. The pristine Sherbrooke Forest might also present sightings of kookaburras, cockatoos, lyrebirds, and vibrant crimson rosellas. Engage with one of the passionate volunteers dedicated to safeguarding this historic 121-year-old steam railway. Your ticket grants access to the modern Lakeside Visitor Centre, equipped with a railway-themed cafe, a mini-exhibit, and a souvenir store where visitors can buy morning refreshments or lunch (on their account).
Resuming our journey on the bus, we traverse the Yarra Valley towards the Healesville locality. The undulating terrains of the Yarra Valley shelter more than 80 vineyards, producing a spectrum of cool-climate wine varieties. Attendees will be treated to a winery visit, indulging in wine samplings and cheese boards, all while soaking in the panoramic vistas of the Yarra Valley. The day’s itinerary concludes with a stop at the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery, boasting a selection of over 250 chocolate, truffle, and ice cream flavours! Guests can observe the chocolatiers in action, peruse the chocolate store, and treat themselves to a luxurious hot chocolate or coffee (at their discretion) before unwinding during the trip back to Melbourne. Enjoy the peaceful ride back to Melbourne.
Travel Distance: 200km