There are blackout dates on December 25th-26th and January 25th, as well as all Victorian public holidays.
Experience the magic of Australia’s iconic Puffing Billy Steam Train and get up close with native wildlife at Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary in this unforgettable day tour.
- Experience Australia’s notable narrow gauge railway aboard the restored Puffing Billy Steam Train.
- At Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary, prepare to be amazed by the diverse array of enchanting Australian birds, mammals, and reptiles just waiting to be discovered on your whimsical adventure.
- Indulge in a chocolate lover’s paradise at the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery, boasting a delectable array of over 250 chocolate creations just waiting to tantalize your taste buds.
- Visitors will have the chance to explore the majestic tall forests of the Dandenong Ranges.
- You can visit Emerald Park Lakeside, which offers scenic views and a new Visitor Centre with a Railway heritage theme.
- 000 – Pegasus Apartments Hotel – 206 A’Beckett St, Melbourne
● 000 – Melbourne Marriott Hotel – cnr Exhibition St & Lonsdale St, Melbourne
● 000 – Space Hotel, 380 Russell St, Melbourne
● 000 – Grand Hyatt Melbourne – Russell St entrance Melbourne
● 000 – Adina Apartment Hotel – 189 Queen St, Melbourne
● 000 – The Savoy Hotel – 630 Little Collins St, Melbourne
● 000 – Immigration Museum, 400 Flinders St cnr Market St, Melbourne
● 000 – Crown Towers – 8 Whiteman St Queens Bridge St, Southbank
Customlinc web mapping pickup location codes
- Identification photo needed
- 1L reusable water bottle
- Cap, shades & sunblock
- Suitable attire for all weather conditions
- Cozy footwear
- Compact day bag 5-7kg
- Cash for refreshments and food
- Camera to immortalise every moment
- Any meals or tastings not specified in the itinerary – at the guest’s cost. We offer numerous chances for guests to return to the locals and purchase lunch during the journey.
- Transfers to/from the hotel pre/post the tour itinerary to a designated pickup location.
- It is recommended to have personal travel insurance
- Personal expenditures
- Puffing Billy train journey for 1 hour from Belgrave to Lakeside (one-way)
- Entry to Healesville Sanctuary Wildlife Park
- Led by a knowledgeable driver-guide
- Travel in a comfortable, air-conditioned coach
- Thorough commentary on the local tour
- Chosen pickup/drop-off locations in Melbourne’s inner cit
Kindly review the average temperatures for the period you are journeying and ensure you pack suitable attire for potential rain or adverse weather situations since your experience will continue unless informed differently by the provider.
– It is obligatory to provide passenger details at the booking time: phone number.
– Child fare rates apply to children aged from 0 to 12 years old.
– Infants aged 0 to 4 cannot travel on adult laps and must be securely fastened within a child safety seat. Infant seats are provided free of charge and must be requested at the booking time.
– This terrain is inappropriate for travellers with mobility impairments, wheelchairs, walkers, prams, or strollers. Our vehicle has limited storage space; baggage is restricted to 1 x 5-7kg day bag per person.
– Autopia Tours maintains the right to modify the route or itinerary during seasonal weather variations and park closures.
– Please verify your tour details within seven days before departure on 03 9393 1333.
The customer shall comply with all Government (Federal, State and Territory) COVID entry restrictions and
vaccination guidelines or testing requirements for entry into Australia and during travel for tour
And transport services. Our business is a fully vaccinated workplace.
Guests are responsible for all COVID-related relocation expenses should they need to leave the trip midway, and refunds will not be provided. All payments will need to be claimed through travel insurance.
Travel around an hour from Melbourne, traversing the Dandenong Ranges’ hills, adorned with towering Mountain Ash and Fern trees, while embracing the breathtaking sights of Melbourne’s skyline on your way to Puffing Billy Station. Step into the past and experience an unforgettable one-hour trip aboard the rehabilitated Puffing Billy Steam Train on Australia’s most distinguished narrow gauge railway. Be vigilant for wildlife as you zigzag through the forested hills on Puffing Billy’s renowned open carriages from Belgrave to Lakeside. Additionally, you might spot kookaburras, cockatoos, lyrebirds, and crimson rosellas in the magnificent Sherbrooke Forest. Engage with one of the numerous committed volunteers who assist in maintaining this 121-year-old steam railway. Your ticket also grants access to the cutting-edge Lakeside Visitor Centre, featuring a railway cafe, mini-museum, and gift shop. It allows guests to buy morning tea and lunch (at their own cost). Subsequently, we’ll continue by bus through the Yarra Valley towards the Healesville township. Visitors will be allotted two hours to discover Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary, Australia’s leading wildlife and nature preserve, housing over 200 species of Australian birds, mammals, and reptiles in an authentic bushland environment. You’ll have the chance to be near koalas, kangaroos, wombats, emus, cockatoos, parrots, and numerous others. Within the sanctuary, you can observe the thrilling Eagles Fly demonstration. Wander through aviaries and ponds, and visit the nocturnal house to see the elusive platypus. The day’s final destination will be the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery, where over 250 chocolate, truffle, and ice cream options await! Guests can watch the chocolatiers in action, explore the chocolate shop, and savour a sumptuous hot chocolate or coffee (at their own cost) before unwinding on the journey back to Melbourne. Enjoy a peaceful return trip to Melbourne.
Driving Distance: 200km.