BLACK OUT DATES
25-26DEC, 01JAN, 26JAN, 29MAR, 25APR
Discover the wonders of the Territory Wildlife Park on a day trip from Darwin. Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the park and encounter native animals in their habitats. Don’t miss out, book your tour now!
Interact with indigenous wildlife from Australia’s Tropical North
- Discover the mysteries of nocturnal creatures within the night-time habitat
- Engage intimately with some of the furry, scaly, and feathered inhabitants of the Northern Territory
- Explore fully aqua-scaped aquarium displays, bustling with fish of various sizes, and identify the 4m saltwater crocodile!
- Seize the chance to be enveloped by birds as you traverse the 12 immersive aviaries
- Indulge in a worry-free, delightful pub-style lunch provided at the renowned Berry Springs Tavern
- An essential adventure when exploring the Northern Territory’s Top End!
- 7:30 – Mindil Beach Casino Resort – Casino Dr The Gardens Darwin
● 7:35 – Cullen Bay Resort – 26 Marina Boulevard Darwin
● 7:40 – H on Smith Hotel – 81 Smith St Darwin
● 7:45 – Travelodge Resort Darwin – 64 Cavenagh St. Darwin City
● 7:48 – Hilton Darwin – 32 Mitchell St Darwin City
● 7:50 – H on Mitchell Hotel Apartment – 105 Mitchell St Darwin City
● 7:56 – DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Esplanade – 116 Esplanade Darwin City
● 7:58 – Mantra on the Esplanade Darwin – 88 Esplanade Darwin City
● 8:02 – Oaks Elan – 33 Woods Street, Darwin City
● 8:03 – Ramada Suites Zen Quarter – 6 Carey Street, Darwin City
● 8:05 – Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront – 7 Kitchener Dr Darwin City
● 8:20 – Discovery Parks – 11 Farrell Crescent, Winnellie (meeting point Bus Stop ID: 192 Stuart Hwy)
● 8:30 – Darwin FreeSpirit Resort – 901 Stuart Hwy Deviney Rd Holtze
Customlinc API web mapping codes for pickup locations
Meals not specified in the itinerary will be the guest’s responsibility. We facilitate opportunities for guests to back local businesses and buy coffee/snacks during the journey.
- Acquiring personal travel insurance is strongly advised.
- Hotel transfers before/after the tour itinerary to a designated pickup location.
- Individual expenditures.
- Entry fee for Territory Wildlife Park
- Provision of a light lunch (only food)
- Conducted walks and talks about animals
- Sightings of Australian wildlife
- Certified guide for outback driving
- Travel via air-conditioned mini-coach
- Thorough commentary during the local tour
- Chosen pickup/drop-off locations in Darwin’s inner city
- 2L Reusable water bottle
- Hat with a wide brim, sunglasses & sunblock
- Cozy walking footwear (closed-toe shoes with tread recommended)
- Clothing suitable for all weather conditions
- Insect repellent of tropical strength
- Compact day pack 5-7kg
- Cash for snacks/beverages/mementos
- Camera to immortalise every instant!
Our central meeting point for this tour will be Travelodge Resort Darwin – 64 Cavenagh St, Darwin City @ 6:30 a.m. Guests will be waiting outside Cavenagh Street’s main gates for collection.
- 6:15 – Darwin Resort – 378 Stuart Hwy Winnellie NT
- 6:25 – Frontier Hotel Darwin – 3 Buffalo Ct Darwin City
- 6:30 – Travelodge Resort Darwin – 64 Cavenagh St. Darwin City
- 6:35 – H on Smith Hotel – 81 Smith St. Darwin City
- 6:40 – The Cavenagh Hotel – 12 Cavenagh St. Darwin City
- 6:45 – Tourist Precinct Mini Bus Zone – 69 Mitchell St Darwin City
- 6:50 – H on Mitchell Hotel Apartment – 105 Mitchell St. Darwin City
- 6:53 – DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Esplanade – 116 Esplanade Darwin City
- 6:55 – Mantra on the Esplanade Darwin – 88 Esplanade Darwin City
- 7:00 – Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront – 7 Kitchener Dr Darwin City
- 7:20 – Darwin FreeSpirit Resort – 901 Stuart Hwy Deviney Rd Holtze
*Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your nominated pickup location and time so as not to delay or miss your tour. We ask you to wait outside the front of the hotel and not inside the foyer.
What is a suitable age for this tour?
The child policy for this tour is eight guests’ free time, but it cannot guarantee a tour; it’s unsuitable for infants or children 7 years and under. An adult must accompany children at all times.
Do you cater to special dietary requirements?
Yes, please notify us if you have any dietary requirements or medical conditions at the time of booking or at least a few days before. An adult must accompany the children’s arrangements.
What type of food do we eat on tour?
Most of the meals are prepared by our tour guides with basic camping-style food options, and on occasion, they will be provided before departure. Guests are asked to participate in preparing meals, clean-up, and vehicle unpacking/loading as it’s a great way to get to know and connect with fellow travellers.
How fit do I need to be for this tour?
A minimum fitness level is required to complete the walking walks, which will be between 1km to 2km daily, often over steep rocky sections and in direct sunlight and high humidity. Embarking on walks will be at the guide’s discretion to ensure the safety of guests.
Where do we stay on tour?
Lodge Fares (codes KR2-S, KR2-P):
Glamping daily ode KR2-B):
What is the minimum number of passengers required to operate?
A minimum of eight people is required to operate our 2-Day Kakadu Tours. We will transfer all monies paid on a future departure date if your departure is cancelled due to insufficient passenger numbers.
How much lugging on tour?
We ask that guests on short breaks/extended tours bring small soft overnight bags and hand luggage only, as we have limited storage onboard our vehicles. Large suitcases and oversized luggage can be left at your hotel on tour.
Are Na fees included in the tour cost?
Autopia Tours includes Parks Australia fees within the tour price; this covers our guests for a 2-day access to Kakadu National Parks. Park Passes are not available while guests are not travelling onboard our tours.
Is it safe to travel in Australia’s outback? (Acceptance of Risk)
Australia is home to these dangerous creatures, 2-day weather conditions, and varied terrain. Experieunavailableangers while camping, hikingtravellinging time outside may increase your risk. Safety is our priority; we are continuously trained to ensure passenger safety. Get Lost Travel Pty Ltd cannot accept responsibility for any loss, injury, or accident caused by passengers onboard Tours. Top open must be at least six years old for day trips and eight years old for overnight tours. Children under 18 must always be accompanied by an adult, legal guardian, or caregiver. Despite all care being taken, the responsibility for children on tour lies entirely with their parents or caregivers. Passengers, including children, must wear sunscreen and hats at all times.
Do I require travel insurance for the Top End?
It is highly recommended that all passengers have personal travel insurance, given we’re exploring remote parts of the Northern Territory with always limited access to health process events for sickness or injury. Autopia Tours needs to be authorised to provide information on the type of plan or policy options available. This can be provided by an accredited local travel agent or from your preferred insurance company.
What is the temperature like in the Northern Territory?
The weather in the Northern Territory can fluctuate and be extreme. It is not unheard of for temperatures to reach over 40+ degrees Celsius in the dry season, and the temperature drops dramatically in the evening. Please ensure you have checked the average temperatures for the time of year you are travelling and have packed adequate clothing. In the event of rain or inclement weather, your experience will continue unless the provider contacts you.
What is your Vaccination Policy?
According to current Government regulations, it is no longer a requirement to be double vaccinated, although we highly recommend it.
Our COVID Statement
We have implemented comprehensive hygiene measures and increased regular sanitisation to ensure your safety. All staff will be temperature checked before departure, and disposable masks and hand sanitiser will be issued. For more information, click here.
The weather in the Northern Territory can experience significant fluctuations and reach extreme conditions. Temperatures reaching above 40+ degrees Celsius in the dry season are not unheard of, and during the evening, the temperature can drastically drop. Ensure you have verified the average temperatures for the time of year you will be travelling and packed suitable attire. In instances of rain or harsh weather, your experience will proceed unless the provider reaches you.
Compulsory traveller details are necessary when reservation: contact telephone number and dietary preferences.
– Berry Springs Tavern will aim to accommodate most dietary needs and food allergies.
– Travelers MUST inform the tour operator of any medical conditions that might impact the tour’s operation.
– Child fare prices apply to children aged between 0 to 12 years old.
– Infants aged 0 to 4 cannot travel on adult laps and must be securely fastened within a child safety seat.
Don’t worry about your little ones! We’ve got you covered with accessible infant seats you can request when booking.
– Autopia Tours retains the right to modify the route or itinerary schedule to accommodate seasonal variations, as safety is our priority. We plan strategically to ensure our guests enjoy the most entertainment and optimum experience possible while touring.
– This terrain suits travellers with mobility impairments, wheelchairs, walkers, prams, and strollers.
– Limited storage space on our vehicle, baggage restricted to 1 x 5-7kg day bag per individual.
– Please re-confirm your tour details within seven days before departure on 03 9393 1333.
– Private touring is available upon request.
The customer shall comply with all Government (Federal, State and Territory) COVID entry restrictions and
vaccination guidelines or testing requirements for entry into Australia and during travel for tour
And transport services. Our business is a fully vaccinated workplace.
Guests are responsible for all COVID-related relocation expenses should they need to leave the trip
Midway and refunds will not be provided. All payments will need to be claimed through travel insurance.
Join us on an exciting expedition to the Territory Wildlife Park, a captivating day trip only an hour away from Darwin! The Wildlife Park is a must-visit location in the Top End — a residence to some of Australia’s most emblematic and distinctive wildlife within a breathtaking bushland environment. Relish the convenience of our air-conditioned transport as your small group excursion navigates through the park. At the same time, your knowledgeable guide brings you close to the animals residing within the varied environments of the wildlife park. Experience the natural beauty of the billabong and observe freshwater crocodiles and various fish in the air-conditioned aquarium, including a 4m saltwater croc. Learn about nocturnal creatures in a dedicated house and witness the impressive flight of the wedge-tailed eagle and Jabiru at the flight deck. Post your animal experiences, venture to the Berry Springs Tavern for a tasty pub-style lunch and unwind in the open-air tavern setting. This renowned tavern is the ideal spot to cherish moments with those you’ve journeyed with and to converse with new acquaintances, perhaps formulating plans for your subsequent excursion to the Top End! Utterly relaxed and satiated following your delightful exploits, we embark on the brief one-hour journey returning to Darwin.
Meals: Lunch at Berry Springs Tavern. Meal only. Beverages/snacks during the day at own cost.
Driving distance: 200km
Walking distance: <1km