Departures are available throughout the year, excluding December 25th and January 1st.
Experience the thrill of a lifetime on our breathtaking 2-day Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island Tour! Witness penguins, Apostles, kangaroos, and rainforests. This tour combines Melbourne’s top day tours for an adventurous journey. Stay overnight in Torquay after exploring the Great Ocean Road. Take the Searoad Ferry to Phillip Island on day two and enjoy the Penguin Parade.
- Take the opportunity to experience the Great Ocean Road at your own pace and avoid the crowds.
- One can see the 12 Apostles at sunset.
- Experience the unique landmarks of the Great Ocean Road that are not typically included in regular tours.
- Discover a dormant volcano teeming with native Australian wildlife.
- Experience a guided tour of Indigenous history and bush tucker.
- Experience a unique stay at a boutique Brewery, where you can enjoy their delicious brews.
- Consider walking a section of the Great Ocean Walk.
- Visitors can appreciate the limestone monoliths and coastline views from the Gibson Steps beach.
- Visitors can capture stunning photos in the Redwoods of the Otways.
- Explore the well-known surf beaches along the Surf Coast.
- Search for whales (May-Oct)
- You can try the only Zip Coaster in Australia.
The designated pickup location is the Immigration Museum, located at the corner of 400 Flinders St and Market St.
Additionally, Wayoutback Australian Tour Company provides Yarra Valley Wine Tours for individuals interested in exploring the surrounding region and tasting some of Australia’s top-quality wines. Our wine tours are suitable for couples, groups, and families, featuring a well-informed wine tour guide who will accompany you to the stunning vineyards in Yarra Valley.
Basic dormitory-style accommodation with a shared bathroom costs $395 per person. Age Restrictions. 18+
The 12 Apostles Helicopter Flight costs $155 per person.
Make sure you arrive at your pickup spot an excellent 10 minutes before takeoff for a smooth and stress-free journey! If your bus hasn’t arrived in 10 minutes, call 03 9393 1300, and we’ll sort it out!
- The tour starts in Melbourne at 7:35 am on Day 1 and ends in Melbourne at 6:30 pm on Day 2
- Pack appropriately for the season, as temperatures vary daily and night.
- It is highly recommended to have travel insurance before booking the tour.
- Bring a 1.5L water bottle for walks.
- Please only bring a small overnight bag for maximum comfort during the journey.
- All guests will undergo a temperature check before boarding.
- Accommodation consists of dormitory-style rooms with shared bathrooms.
- This fare type is for adults 18 years old and over.
We will travel from Melbourne to Port Campbell
We will begin by driving through the ancient lava fields of western Victoria. Our destination is the country seaside town of Warrnambool. Along the way, we will make a detour to Tower Hill, which is Australia’s most recently extinct volcano. Tower Hill is full of wildlife and offers an excellent opportunity for exploration. Next, we will take a guided walk with Worn Gundidj. Embark on a mesmerizing journey through the heart of Australia, where you’ll unravel the secrets of the indigenous people’s traditional lifestyle and discover their profound wisdom in bush tucker and medicine. After that, we will drive the Great Ocean Road “backwards.” We will start with the Shipwreck Coast and its famous landmarks, such as the Bay of Islands, The Grotto, and London Bridge. We will also have time to explore the village of Port Campbell. We can enjoy some locally made beers from Sow & Piglets Brewery in the evening with our dinner. Finally, we will end the day at the 12 Apostles, where we can watch the sunset. Meals: Dinner
- Accommodation: Port Campbell Hostel or a similar option.
- Driving Distance:340km
- Hike Distance:2km
The itinerary includes visiting Port Campbell before heading to Melbourne
The second day starts with climbing the stairs to Loch Ard Gorge beach. This is done before the crowds arrive for a unique experience. Then, there is a stroll along a section of the Great Ocean Walk and a visit to the beach level at the Apostles at Gibson Steps. After that, there is a retreat into the Otway rainforest. Prepare to be amazed by the hidden and rarely explored wonder of the Redwoods of the Otways! Look at these awe-inspiring giants, standing tall and proud, reaching for the sky as the most elevated and second tallest trees on the planet. Then, it’s back on the road to continue the breathtaking coastal drive. Comm Apollo Bay and Lorne townships have quality stops to enjoy the Aussie beach town lifestyle. Remember to check out the Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery for delicious treats. Also, visit one of the most famous surf beaches in Australia. The trip back to Melbourne is around 6:30 pm.
- Meals: Breakfast
- Driving Distance:300km
- Hike Distance:3km