Wayoutback Australian Safaris (W.A.S) seeks your co-operation in recognising the following guidelines to assist us in a joint commitment to ensure environmental management and environmentally sustainable tourism.
This is one of the most unique locations in the world. It is where the expression “silence is deafening” can be truly realised and you are fortunate that the Wayoutback experience avails you to appreciating the significance of this statement :-
“You, your fellow travellers, the wild and no other”
Please cherish this wonderful opportunity and consider all those within your travelling group, respect them and please keep any music/noise to a minimum and simply enjoy (like the traditional occupiers have for thousands of years before you!) the absolute peace and quiet.
- Camping is to be set a minimum distance of 50 meters from any water source.
- All firewood collection to be from destroyed/dead environs as recognised, and collected prior to setting up camp. No collection within declared Parks. No Collection without Land Owner / Manager approval.
- All such locations to be logged and recorded for reference to staff for future use – minimising impact to other areas at a later date.
- Fire Pits are for cooking and heating purposes only. Placement of foam, plastic, metal and glass are not permitted. Fires are to be extinguished prior to leaving a site. A fire break minimum radius of 4 meters is required at all such sites.
- Shades and shelters should not be constructed using native vegetation.
- All rubbish is to be removed from campsites with Garbage Bags supplied. Smokers are to utilise ash trays provided and all beverage container lids are to be disposed of in general rubbish waste.
- Wild toilet sites are to be set a minimum 100 meters away from any camp site or water source. Waste holes must be set at least 15cm deep. Waste paper should be destroyed by fire or placed in its own bag and disposed of in general rubbish. Sanitary pads should be wrapped and disposed of in general rubbish.
- Water supplies are to be used from provisions supplied on tour. Use of natural water sources is prohibited. Dirty waters are not to be disposed in natural catchments.
- Please wear appropriate soft soled shoes around the campsite location.