This tour to Litchfield National Park departs from darwin and allows you to experience this Northern Territory must-see. This Wayoutback adventure offers a value for money experience to the stunning Litchfield National Park. You will see a landscape that has been formed by water and time with abounding waterfalls, monsoon rainforest, bush walking tracks, swimming holes and amazing Magnetic and Cathedral Termite Mounds.
Litchfield Tour Price Includes:
Professional guide, travel in an air-conditioned minibus, all meals (as listed on itineraries), camping equipment and fees, reference books, pillow and drinking water (please provide your own bottle).
What you need to bring:
Torch, wide brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, water bottle (1.5 litres), walking shoes/boots, sleeping bag (or can be hired for $20), toiletries, swim wear, towel, camera, comfortable and casual clothing.
- Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- Safari is not suitable for children under 8 years of age.
- *Wangi Falls can close during the Tropical wet season and will be substituted during this time.
- Please call our Reservations Team (1300 551 510) during business hours at least 48 hours prior to departure to confirm pick-up location and time.
- Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to a day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack (maximum 10kg). Excess luggage should be stored at your Darwin accommodation.
Day 1 (Dinner)
You will be collected from your Darwin accommodation at approximately 3.30pm and then our overnight adventure begins as we travel towards Litchfield National Park. Magnetic and Cathedral Termite mounds are an amazing architectural feat containing arches, tunnels and chimneys. They are plentiful in this region and can stand as high as 6 metres. View some of these amazing insect habitats as we journey towards to the park. Tonight our campsite is located nearby Litchfield National Park.
Day 2 (Breakfast / Lunch)
Today is spent exploring the waterfalls, spring-fed streams and rugged sandstone escarpments of Litchfield National Park. Swim, hike and explore Florence and Wangi Falls*. Discover the many rock holes and cascading waterfalls of Buley Rockhole before our early evening arrival back in Darwin.