Walking Country offers fully guided and supported walks along the Larapinta Trail which extends for over 223km’s along the backbone of the Western MacDonnell Ranges in Central Australia. It begins at the old Alice Springs Telegraph Station and meanders through many gaps and sheltered gorges, climbing steeply over the rugged ranges with numerous stunning views to admire the spectacular landscape. The Trail takes in a variety of desert habitats before rewarding walkers with 360° vistas from Mount Sonder – the highest point and end of the Trail.
• Walks available from 7 days right through to 15 days on our End to End tour
• Fully Guided walks with experienced and passionate guides
• Learn myths and legends of the area applicable to the Arrente people
• Key attractions include Simpsons Gap, Ellery Creek Big Hole, Ormiston Gorge and Glen Helen
• Support vehicle included meaning you only have to carry a day pack each day
• All camping equipment supplied and fully catered with ground support crew
For more information click here.
LARAPINTA TREKS FROM WALKING COUNTRY
Immerse yourself in the rugged beauty of the Red Centre, trekking sections of the Larapinta Trail, one of the most popular wilderness walks in Australia. Covering up to 18 km’s of graded trail per day, there is plenty of time to relax and enjoy the Australian outback. Discover the magic and mysteries concealed within this ancient environment and be swept away by the dreamtime of the area.
Many people have an expectation that the region is a featureless plain of winding red sand hills with a smattering of grasses and bushes. Be prepared for the shock of a lifetime – Central Australia is home to the tallest peaks in the Northern Territory; the oldest dramatic landscape in Australia full of ravines , escarpments and sensational waterholes; life forms that will totally excite the curious mind and, above all, a truly great wilderness experience which will remove you to a place filled with peace and tranquility. You will be left speechless.
* Single Accommodation applicable for pre-trek Accommodation in Alice Springs. Twin share tents are applicable whilst on trek.
Twin Share - $2090
Twin Share - $3590
* Applicable for Pre-trek Accommodation in Alice Springs with twin share tents whilst trekking.