Travel to the heart of Central Australia on an authentic Uluru (Ayers Rock) tour with Wayoutback Australian Safaris. Whether you want a budget camping tour to Uluru which takes in the highlights, or a 4WD tour with a higher level of comfort, we have an Outback tour to suit all styles of travel. As we've been leading tours around the Red Centre for over 18 years, you can rest assured knowing you're in experienced hands with our passionate guides who are full of knowledge about local history, Aboriginal culture and our stunning natural environment.
Our tours range from 1 to 5 days and get you up close and personal with Uluru (Ayers Rock) and the other must-see highlights of the Red Centre. Everyone knows Uluru, the world's biggest rock, that stands 348 metres high and stretches over 10 kms in circumference, but many don't know the other treasures of the Red Centre including Kata Tjuta (The Olgas), Kings Canyon in Watarrka National Park and the West Macdonnell Ranges. We'll take you to them all and you'll leave with a newfound appreciation for the treasures of the Outback.
We have two different styles of Uluru Tours - Budget Adventure trips or Classic 4WD trips.
1) Our Budget Adventure tours are camping style trips aimed at youthful, fun loving travellers on a budget in the 18 - 40 age group. In the Red Centre, our Budget Adventure tours travel in air-conditioned minibuses. You'll stay at remote and private campsites, and you'll sleep under the stars in a traditional Aussie Swag with the option to upgrade to a tent for an additional fee. If you want to experience Uluru on a budget, these tours are the best for you.
2) Our Classic 4WD tours to Uluru are suitable for all ages and for those seeking an authentic outback experience with a higher level of comfort. You'll sleep in permanent safari stye tents (or in a swag if you wish!) and you'll travel in a comfortable, air-conditioned 4WD truck on remote Outback roads with a maximum of 16-21 fellow travellers.
Why You'll Love Your Uluru Tour with Wayoutback
- We keep away from crowds as much as possible
- Get the traditional Outback experience - we encourage all guests to sleep under the Red Centre stars in swags (Aussie bush bed)
- We utilise private, permanent campsites situated in remote and unique locations
- Whenever possible, we cook food over an open campfire
- Our Classic 4WD Tours include 4 wheel driving on outback bush tracksWe provide you with authentic Aboriginal interaction
Our tours to Uluru (Ayers Rock) and the Red Centre depart from Alice Springs or Ayers Rock Airport, so regardless of your Australia holiday plans you can fit in a tour of the Red Centre with us. If you have questions on how to best make an Uluru tour work for you, get in contact with our friendly Reservations team!