Mataranka Thermal Pools
Soothe aches and pains from long days on the road in the warm waters of the natural pool under the dappled light of the paperbark and palm forest.
Mataranka Thermal Pool is a great place to unwind. The warm, crystalline waters of the natural pool is said to have the power to soothe aches and pains after a long day on the road.
The water is spring fed, bubbling up at a fairly constant temperature of 34 degrees Celsius. The surrounding paperbark and palm forest filters the sun and leaves soft, dappled light playing on the water's surface. The area around the pool is a natural breeding ground for the little red flying fox. The breeding season is usually from November to May, but often extends into the drier months.
The Mataranka Thermal Pool may be inaccessible at times due to flooding between the months of November through to April.
- 3 Day Cicada Dreaming Alice Springs to Darwin Safari
- 7 Day Red Centre & Top End Rock to Top Adventure
- 10 Day Top End and Red Centre Crocodile Rock Adventure
- 10 Day Top End & Red Centre - Classic Wayoutback Wanderer Safari
- 10 Day Red Centre & Top End Crocodile Rock Adventure Safari
- 10 Day Red Centre & Top End Wayoutback Wanderer Safari
- 3 Day Cicada Dreaming Safari (Darwin to Alice Springs)
- 6 Day Top End to Red Centre Northern Exposure Adventure
- 6 Day Top End to Red Centre Up Top Down Under Classic Safari