Kakadu National Park
Kakadu National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is located within the Alligator Rivers Region of the NT. It covers an area of 19,804 km2 (7,646 sq mi). It is the size of Slovenia, about one-third the size of Tasmania, or nearly half the size of Switzerland.
Aboriginal people have occupied the Kakadu area continuously for at least 40,000 years. Kakadu National Park is renowned for the richness of its Aboriginal cultural sites. There are more than 5000 recorded art sites illustrating Aboriginal culture over thousands of years.
Approximately half of the land in Kakadu is aboriginal land under the Aboriginal Land Rights (Northern Territory) Act 1976 and most of the remaining land is currently under claim by Aboriginal people. The areas of the Park that are owned by Aboriginal people are leased by the traditional owners to the Director of National Parks to be managed as a national park. The remaining area is Commonwealth land vested under the Director of National Parks. All of Kakadu is declared a national park under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999.
The Aboriginal traditional owners of the Park are descendants of various clan groups from the Kakadu area and have longstanding affiliations with this country. Their lifestyle has changed in recent years, but their traditional customs and beliefs remain very important. About 500 Aboriginal people live in the Park; many of them are traditional owners. All of Kakadu is jointly managed by Aboriginal traditional owners and the Australian Government’s Department of the Environment and Water Resources through a division known as Parks Australia.
- 5 Day 4WD Arnhem Land Dreaming Top End Safari
- 6 Day Top End to Red Centre Northern Exposure Adventure
- 10 Day Top End & Red Centre - Classic Wayoutback Wanderer Safari
- 10 Day Alice Springs to Darwin Adventure Tour (Crocodile Rock)
- 4 Day 4WD Brolga Dreaming Top End Safari
- 5 Day 4WD Jabiru Dreaming Top End Safari
- 10 Day Top End and Red Centre Crocodile Rock Adventure
- 4 Day Ayers Rock, Red Centre and Alice Springs Tour - (Galah Dreaming)