Bowali Visitor Centre
Bowali is a Gun-djeihmi name for the local area and creek on land owned by the mirarr clan. The building's design was inspired by an Aboriginal rock shelter. Every half hour, there is an audio-visual presentation, giving different perspectives on Kakadu. The Marrawuddi Gallery promotes Aboriginal fine art by artists from Kakadu and the wider region.
The shape of this building represents a Warradjan, which is a Gun-djeihmi name for pig-nosed turtle. This cultural centre is on land owned by the Murumburr clan. Developed by Bininj/Mungguy, the display provides detailed information about local Aboriginal culture to help you gain an understanding of the connection Bininj/Mungguy have with their families and their land.
Traditional owners ask that you do not take photographs while you are inside Warradjan.
- 5 Day 4WD Arnhem Land Dreaming Top End Tour
- 6 Day Darwin to Alice Springs Adventure Tour
- 10 Day Alice Springs to Darwin Adventure Tour (Crocodile Rock)
- 4 Day 4WD Arnhem Land Dreaming Top End Tour
- 6 Day Top End to Red Centre Up Top Down Under Classic Safari
- 10 Day Top End and Red Centre Crocodile Rock Adventure
- 2 Day Kakadu National Park Tour (Turtle Dreaming)
- 3 Day Buffalo Dreaming Top End Tour
- 3 Day 4WD Dragonfly Dreaming Top End Camping Tour